Committees, Representatives and Charges
- 2013 Galaxy Conference Committee (Michael Darger, Program Chair for NACDEP at Galaxy; Michael Dougherty and Winifred McGee, Representatives to Galaxy IV Committee of JCEP). The NACDEP Galaxy Conference Committee is responsible for working with other JCEP organizations in planning and coordinating the 2013 Galaxy Conference in Pittsburgh. The two reprentatives will represent NACDEP on the Galaxy Steering Committee.
- 2014 Grand Rapids, MI Conference Committee (Alison Davis and Dave Ivan, Co-chairs). This committee is organizing the conference scheduled for June 22-25, 2014 in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Finance and Audit Committee (Open Chair). The Finance and Audit Committee will serve in an advisory capacity to the NACDEP Board on financial matters and will conduct periodical internal reviews of the financial records.
- Committee on Policy and Resolutions (Michael Wilcox, Chair). The Committee on Resolutions and Policy shall annually review existing policy statements and present any new policy statements for consideration at the Annual Meeting. New and/or proposed policy statements will normally be in the form of resolutions and will be documented in the minutes. NACDEP’s Policies & Procedures are the operating guidelines for the organization that governs regular operations. The board of directors (aka Executive Committee) is responsible for this document. The Secretary (Glenn Muske) updates this document on a continuous basis for maximum clarity for all members.
- Member Services (Mary Martin & Minnie Mitchell Co-Chairs). The Membership Services Committee is responsible for ensuring that Extension Professionals choose to belong to NACDEP. Membership services is charged with keeping the organization responsive to its members, both in terms of organizational focus and products delivered to members and in terms of customer service on a day-to-day basis.
- Recognition (National/Regional Awards) Committee (Michael Dougherty Chair). The recognition committee is responsible identifying NACDEP members at the regional and national levels for outstanding outreach, scholarship and service to NACDEP.
- Communications Committee (Susan Kelly Chair). The Communications Committee is responsible for overseeing the development and coordination of all communications with the NACDEP membership and outside the association including the website, list serve and other means of information sharing.
- Nominations Committee (Michael Wilcox Chair). The Nominations Committee is chaired by the past president. He or she is assisted by the Secretary. The Committee is responsible for identifying nominees for election to NACDEP office, certifying the eligibility of nominees as well as coordinating the election process.
- Marketing Committee (Open chair). This committee has been proposed by Michael Darger, President.• Marketing Committee (open chair). This committee has been proposed by Michael Darger, President.
Appointments and Other
- JCEP (Joint Council of Extension Professionals, http://www.jcep.org/) Board of Directors. JCEP is the umbrella organization that advocates for the ~9,000 professionals in Cooperative Extension and is a partnership of NACDEP with five other organizations. It sponsors PILD, JCEP Leadership Conference and the Galaxy Conference. NACDEP’s past and current presidents, along with the president-elect, serve on the JCEP Board of Directors. (Michael Darger, Michael Wilcox, Alison Davis). In addition, Darger and Wilcox have been elected Assistant Treasurer and Assistant Secretary, respectively for JCEP.
- PILD Representatives (Chalres Vavrina & Open Seat). Two NACDEP members work with two members from each of the JCEP partners to coordinate the Public Issues Leadership Development (PILD) organized by JCEP.
- Journal of Extension (JOE) (Mary Emery, Representative to the JOE board, three year term). A Publications Committee has been proposed yet not created.
- Liasion from Regional Rural Development Centers (Stephan Goetz, appointed by the RRDCs). The liasion attends NACDEP board meetings to forge a stronger connection between our organizations.
- Historian. The Historian will serve as the Archivist for NACDEP (Open Seat). This position has been proposed yet never filled.